Will makers of the Midlands
Will writers Birmingham, Telford and Midlands
Will Makers of The Midlands was established by David Raybould in 1999 and specialises in all aspects of will writing, trusts and probate services and pre-paid funeral plans.
Our cost-effective services allow you to access the best possible legacy and estate planning and Inheritance Tax advice alongside qualified and associated support and guidance.
We offer face-to-face appointments and will come to see you at your home or place of work, whichever is convenient.
We are happy to answer all your questions. Please give us a call on
01952 305 105
Services by the Will Makers of the Midlands
The Will Makers of the Midlands provide a full range of services to help you make full arrangements for your family in the event of your death. Our services include:
- Land Transactions: your property is likely to be your biggest asset and one you want to make sure you pass onto your loved ones. The Will Makers of the Midlands are highly skilled in land transactions and can not only help you to make sure your property is left to the person you want to have it, but we can also ensure there are no problems or ambiguity, so after you pass your loved one inherits the property with no issues.
- Estate Planning: this is an essential part of protecting your savings and property against unexpected issues, such has ill-health, bankruptcy, divorce, etc. Through estate planning, you can make sure your assets are not taken away from you to pay for things like long-term care, by placing the asset in a trust for your loved ones.
- Pre-paid Funeral Plans: take care of all your funeral arrangements for your loved ones so that they do not have to worry about this after you are gone. Not only will you be helping them through one of the hardest times of their life, but you will also have the opportunity to have the kind of funeral you would like.
- Probate & Trustee Services: you are able to place your assets into trusts and then nominate people who can run it on your behalf, they are called trustees. We provide additional help and support for anyone you name as a trustee, so that the probate legal process can run much more smoothly for your surviving relatives.
- Will Writing Services: we can help you to create your will from start to finish, making it as smooth and as easy as possible for you.
- Lasting Power of Attorney: if you become unable to make decisions for yourself, you want to make sure the person who is then responsible for making those choices for you are doing it with your best interests and wishes at heart. This is why it is a good idea to appoint a lasting power or attorney.
- Document Storage: with our document storage services you no longer need to worry about storing your will or making sure your loved ones know where to find it in the event of your death. We store it for you in a safe and secure location, until the time comes for it to be released to your family.
Last Will and Testament
Why it is important to make a will
• If you die and you do not have a will, standard rules are applied and it is these rules that dictate how your money, property or possessions will be allocated and to who. This will not take into account your personal wishes and might in fact be not the way you wanted your possessions to be allocated.
• If you do not have a will but you do have a partner you are not married to or in a civil partnership with, they will not be legally entitled to inherit from you (and vice versa). If one of you were to pass away, this could cause financial problems for the other.
• Without a will, your wishes regarding who should raise your children, how and where, in the event of both you and your partner dying, will go un-noted. The decisions will be made for you, while they may be in the best interests of your child, it may not have been what you would have chosen. The decision made here will not take into account things like family disputes, or your wishes.
Essentially, a will gives you complete control over what happens to your belongings in the event of your death. Other benefits include a possible reduction in inheritance tax if a will is made and advice is given in advance.
Why it is important to keep your last will and testament up-to-date
If you don’t have a will, or you have one that is out-of-date, contact us to see how we can help you to secure a safe future for your loved ones.
What People Say
With two young children our major concern was to ensure that we implemented the right provisions for their future care and financial well being. The way that you structured our meeting and the advice that you provided, has left the pair of us feeling incredibly comfortable. We now have a legal document that would ensure our aims have been met. We couldn’t recommend David highly enough.
I have known David for over ten years and cannot recommend him too highly. He has written several Wills for me and my family and also Powers of Attorney.
I have recently had my Will written by David. He came to our house and gave us a first class service, he was very helpful and guided us through the process. The after care is also excellent, you are given wallet sized cards which detail your will and where it is stored, if legislation changes updates to the will are completely automatic reflecting these changes. I would highly recommend David to any of my friends or colleagues.”